First please check if your country has qualified to take part in the Green Card Lottery thus giving you the opportunity to get a Green card for USA and apply for one of the 50.000 Green Cards issued each year to countries from all over the world.
A Green Card allows you to legally work and reside in the United States. If you are a lucky winner, it will not only be you personally, who will be issued with a Green Card, Green Cards will also be issued to your spouse and your children under the ages of 21 (if any)
So what is a Green Card?
A Green Card is a Permanent Residence Visa for the U.S.A.
The green card lottery is officially called the Diversity Immigrant Visa Lottery (popularly known as the Green Card Lottery).
For more information on how to apply for a Green Card for USA you can either contact us on chat or read more under or FAQ
Don´t miss your chances to win a green card apply online today and be one of the next lottery winners.
6 Benefits of obtaining a permanent residency
1. Green card holders are able to sponsor relatives and help them get a green card of their own. Qualifying family members are those who are immediate relatives; a spouse, parent, or unmarried child under 21 years of age. Even if someone isn’t an immediate relative, there are some cases where green card holders are able to sponsor them under the Family Preference category.
2. Green card holders pay much less for college, university, and vocational school tuition. If they are able to prove their residency, they can claim “in-state” status during the application process. This gives them plenty of savings compared to being an “out of state” student. Green card holders are also eligible to apply for financial aid and reduce the financial burden of education even more.
3. The permanent residency status that comes with having a Green Card means that someone doesn’t need to continue reapplying to keep their status. Instead of renewing every year, they renew every ten years through Form I-551. Just complete the form and submit it to the U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services. Green cards are generally renewed around six months before they are set to expire.
4. Green Card holders are able to make financial contributions to election campaigns in the country, something that non-citizens are not able to do. While green card holders can contribute to campaigns, they are not allowed to actually vote. Voting is a right reserved for full United States citizens.
5. Travelling in-and-out of the United States is much easier for a Green Card holder. It’s important to note that anyone with a green card who intends to stay out of the United States for over six months runs the risk of having their card revoked as it calls their intent to live in the United States into question. Green Card holders who stay out of the country for over a year are considered to have abandoned having the United States as their permanent home. It can be difficult to prove otherwise and it will likely involve having to attend an immigration hearing to convince a judge that you didn’t intend to abandon your status in the United States.
6. When a Green Card holder works for over ten years in the United States before retiring, they are eligible to receive US Social Security benefits.