USA Work Visas and its Types
Any person living in a forei
gn country wishes to apply for work in the USA, he/she needs a USA Work Visa for that.
Types of Work Visas:
There are a number of work visas available for people living in foreign countries who want to work in the USA. These include seasonal work visas, temporary work visas and exchange worker visas. Below you will see more information of the types of work visas, including their requirements and eligibility plus information on how you can apply for a USA work visa.
- Exchange Visitor Visas: US exchange visas (non-immigrant) are for those people only who have been approved to take part in work and study which is based on study based exchange visitor programs. This visa is called the J-1 visa and it allows foreign people to visit the United States and experience life in the US. This USA work visa is for a number of categories of workers which includes:
- Camp counselors
- Professor and research scholars
- Alien Physicians
- Government visitors
- Short term scholars
- International visitors
- Au Pairs
- Students, University
- Summer work travel
To apply for this USA work visa, you first need to apply and meet all the requirements that are needed to be accepted for an exchange visitor program.
- Temporary Work Visas (Non-agricultural): This USA work visa (non-agricultural and temporary) is available for foreign workers who work in the agricultural field and now want to work in the United Sates. But for that there must be an insufficient number of domestic workers to fill that position. This visa in also called as (H-2B). These visas are for jobs that are temporary, but not agricultural such as jobs at beach resorts, Ski Mountains or amusement parks.
The requirements for this visa are:
– The job that they are applying for is temporary in nature, even if the work is not temporary itself.
– By hiring H-2B employees, it will not result in a negative effect on the normal working conditions- such as wages- of the domestic workers who are working in the similar field.
– The company the foreign worker is applying to work for is certified by the U.S Department of Labor.
- Temporary work visas (skilled workers): This visa is for skilled and educated individuals who are employed in specialized organizations. These visas are called the H1-B visa which allows foreign workers to temporarily work in the USA for a specific employer as based on the USA work visa. The holders of this visa can stay in the USA for three years, but it can be extended for a maximum of six years. The only requirement during the stay is that the person continues to work for the sponsoring employee.
- Green cards: One can become a permanent resident (A Green Card Holder) of the US through a job offer of employment. Green Card holders are permanent residents of the USA.
- Green Card Lottery: An easy way to get a Green Card is winning it via the Green Card Program, you can apply online on www.usgreencardoffice.com